Sunday, April 23, 2006

Life Should be Like A Box of Schakolad

I was never a chocolate fan. I'll admit it, I'm one of those vanilla girls. However, one visit to Schakolad had completely changed my life around and converted me to a Schakoholic! I still remember it just like it happened yesterday. I was young and naive, and went in with excitement because they promised me that I could make my own chocolate, with any type of chocolate, even white chocolate, my favorite! However, when I was there, the chocolate shop was so packed that I could only make chocolate with dark chocolate. Nonetheless, I still made my chocolate, and I was the ONLY one who used a 3D mold! I had made my first 3D chocolate piggy! I tried one of the dark chocolate ducks my boyfriend made (so I don't have to sacrifice my chocolate piggy), and with one bite I was hooked.

Anyways, on with my experience today. I went in today and finally decided to try their hot chocolate that I've wanted to try for so long. I know today is not the best hot chocolate weather, but it's hot chocolate! It's happy drink! And a beautiful Sunday is the perfect day to enjoy a happy drink. And the product had proved my decision to be correct. The hot chocolate is made with real, perfectly tempered dark chocolate. Combined with creamy milk and stirred by a hand mixer, the hot chocolate is serious fix for a chocoholic. With one sip my mouth was filled with creamy, silky, and thick chocolate. This must be what hot chocolate taste like in the movie Chocolat!

I can't really rate Schakolad on my yummy scale because it doesn't abide to the same rules as restaurants. However, you would be so glad if you paid them a visit. Schakolad also host individual tour for $5 and you can make your own chocolate too! It would be serious fun for the whole family.

If you are in for a serious chocolate fix, you can find the chocolate heaven at 583 North High St. Columbus, Ohio 43215 http://www.schakolad.com/Home.asp

No comments: